Raise kids who give back.
Why is it important to give back to the community?
Giving children the opportunity to give back to the community helps them build empathy and a strong connection to their community. The process of giving back also builds many life skills, such as teamwork, goal setting, communication, time management, etc.
“My Best Me” emphasis on community:
The “My Best Me” curriculum dedicates an entire section to community. Helping children build the skills to interact with their community, ask for help when needed and give back when possible. Learning about community helps children learn more about themselves, how to tackle challenges, and most importantly it helps them feel a sense of belonging. Learn more about the features and benefits of the My Best Me curriculum.
15 Easy Ways For Children to Give Back to their Community:
- Holiday Food Drive
- Organize a community Clean up
- Clothing Donation – donate clothes that no longer fit
- Start a School Recycling Program
- Make a handmade card for a kid’s in hospital
- Write a note to send to an old age home
- Write a message of thanks to a community hero
- Help raise money for a charity by holding a bake sale
- Raise awareness about issues within your community
- Help at a community garden
- Write letters to the troops
- Set up a charity for your local animal shelter
- Gather and donate old toys you have outgrown
- Donate used books or create a book exchange at your school
- Build a window display the entire community can enjoy