Starting a new school year can be both exciting and stressful. Getting ready in a new classroom, new students, maybe even a new school. This time of year can be a challenge for teachers and as an educator, it is important for you to check in with yourself.
We all know that being a teacher can be emotionally draining and that a teacher’s mental health is an important piece to the stability and success of a classroom.
How to make the transition into a new school year easier:
- Check-in with yourself- Take our hope survey (this is also a great way to check in with your students at the beginning of the year)
- Reflect on the previous year
- Establish routine
- Be prepared: FREE teacher checklist (Downloadable PDF)
- Connect/ collaborate with colleagues
Extra: Make social-emotional learning a priority in your classroom. (FREE download- 5 worksheets showcasing our “My Be Me” curriculum.)
- Worksheet 1- Identity
- Worksheet 2 – Health
- Worksheet 3 – Community
- Worksheet 4 – Environment
- Worksheet 5 – Economics
These worksheets are the perfect way to get a taste of the “ My Best Me” curriculum. They include simple Social- Emotional activities that can be modified for each age group.